Have you ever wondered what you should have stocked in your kitchen if you are the cook or chef in the family? Well, I’ve compiled a list of the top 10 must have kitchen appliances and essentials that your kitchen should have and I have at least 8 of these items in my kitchen. As the years have gone by, I’ve gotten to be a better cook and it helps immensely having these amazing tools to achieve cooking success!!
**This post may contain affiliate links for which I could earn a commission. This does not change the price that you pay.**
Instant Pot– The Instant Pot is a pressure cooker that can be programmable and is multi-use – rice cooker, steamer, saute, etc. No longer on my wish list! I have heard so many wonderful comments about the Instant Pot, including how fast it takes to cook food, which is a winner in my book! I’m just terrible at remembering to get food out the night before to defrost and from what I hear, this solves that issue!! The most that I’ve done so far is cook rice but we plan on using it for chicken eventually.
Slow Cooker– The slow cooker is an amazing appliance, especially if you work! I create a chicken salsa recipe with this slow cooker, start it up in the morning and come dinner time, meal is ready! Let me tell you – the house smells amazing as this works throughout the day! These are also perfect for parties too!!
Eliminate the mess and use slow cooker liners – I’ve used them a couple of times and they are so handy!
Food Processor– Food Processors are awesome and they have saved me so much time in the kitchen!! I, especially, love using it to chop onions! I cut the onion in quarters and throw it in the food processor and within seconds, onions are chopped!! Limited tears here!! Recently, for Christmas, I received a new food processor as my old one broke; however I did have it for a few years! One recipe that I recently tried was a White Bean Sausage soup and it required chopping of spinach, onions and spices. Now the chopping was done by hand so we had big chunks in the soup. If this was a hit, I told my family that I would make it again but only if I had a food processor! 😊
Soda Stream – The Soda Stream has so many flavors to choose from, including Cream Soda (one of our favorite flavors). I also love that we can use our regular water and it will instantly carbonate it. Some days, we like to make Italian sodas at home and the recipe calls for sparkling water. Instead of buying a 2 liter of sparkling water that will go flat fast, you can make your own!!
5. GelPro Comfort Mat– Oh, my gosh! These mats are a lifesaver in the kitchen, especially if you cook a lot!! I have 2 of these – one by the stove and the other one by our counter bar when I’m prepping the food. My legs and feet do not feel so sore and achy as a result.
- Keurig Coffee Maker– These coffee makers are amazing. We have one at work which gets used frequently. The coffee lovers just love this machine – a pod gets popped into the machine and within seconds your cup of coffee is ready. What’s brilliant about this machine is that there are different flavor pods and each person can customize their own cup of coffee vs an actual coffee pot where you have 8 cups of the same flavor.
- Keurig Coffee Lovers’ Collection Sampler Pack – Imagine getting a sampler pack where you can find your favorite flavor – Yum!!
- Starbucks Pike Place Roast Medium Roast Single Cup Coffee – We have several coffee shops around here in Whatcom county – Imagine grabbing your own cup from the luxury of your home!
- Cha4TEA 100-Count Variety Sampler Pack for Keurig K-Cup – Are you a tea lover? Keurig also makes K-cups for Tea too!!
- KitchenAid Mixer– If you love to bake, this KitchenAid mixer is your friend. I received one of these as a wedding gift and just loved it at the time!! I no longer have it as the one that I had was too large, if you can believe that! Just imagine instead of holding a mixer, you put your batter in the bowl and select a button and it mixes itself in the bowl. Your arm and wrist will love you on this. Below are a few attachments for your mixer.
- Popcorn Maker– Do you watch movies a lot at home? Do you love popcorn? This maker is for you!! You can make batches and batches of popcorn, with several flavors that you can choose to put on, as the most famous is butter!! Or you can be creative like my nephew and put bacon pieces on it!
- You can easily eat popcorn on its own but think of the possibilities if you add seasoning to your mix –Kernel Season’s Seasoning Variety Pack
- FreshJax Premium Gourmet Spice Blends (Spicy Popcorn Seasoning – Salt Free) – How about adding a little kick to your popcorn batch?
- Tebery 20 Pack Plastic Open-Top Popcorn Boxes Reusable – Having a big party over – ready to watch a movie or sports game, consider getting these reusable boxes, perfect for popcorn!
- Blendtec Blender– The Blendtec Blender is a fantastic appliance!! We make our smoothies on this, almost every day!! You can also make ice cream, soup, whole juice, etc. There are also some great recipes that use the Blendtec blender including a fantastic Hot Chocolate recipe! I tried it and it tasted great!
- Apron – If you are going to be cooking in the kitchen, an apron is a must!! It will keep your clothes from getting dirty, especially if you plan to wear those clothes for after – like a party!! And there are so many aprons to choose from – flirty to funny to standard!
- MissOwl Adjustable Bib Apron Alpaca
- Claswcalor 100% Cotton Kids Girls Aprons, Cupcake Pattern – Perfect to wear for Girls learning to cook
These are my top 10 recommendations for the kitchen and would love to hear your comments!!